Even my husband, who is physically fit, has a hard

time opening 12 oz. bottles of Pepsi...what gives?

It hurts ones hand and we have to use a rubber mat

hand protector or kitchen gloves to open them without

hurting our hands. It does not take 80 words to describe

this issue. We buy this soda regularly and drink it

everyday. It used to be easy to open. Our friends

have also had this issue. They are wondering about

it as well. Is there an answer to this question? It is

something that I think will affect sales in the future.

Reason of review: too hard to open bottles.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Feb 09, 2016.

Comments

I have called the company about this issue a couple of times. The lids will literally rip my skin open when I try opening the bottles.

The company does not care.

they send you a couple of coupons and otherwise just ignore you. Thats what happens when you hire third party companies to do your customer service.

Couldn't find my channel lock pliers that i use exclusively for pepsi products (specifically: brisk), so had to just try using my hand. Shredded the skin on my palm. Pepsi, please lower the torque on your capping machines.

Has Pepsi changed the design of the lids. Lots of ridges and hard to open. Seriously.

Good grief. I really thought it was just me.

It's not every bottle, but a large number I need to use the rubber band trick and two bottles that I've actually gone back to the store where I bought them to see if I could either get a worker to open the bottle or exchange it for one that can open. One was opened with pliers, the other they actually just exchanged for me.

Yes what the *** I've been hurting my hands lately trying to open my 16 ounce diet Mountain Dew bottles. I'm going to buy coke next week and see if it's the same thing.

I prefer Pepsi to Coke but because the plastic bottles have become impossible to open I am now back to Coke products. Even my 22 year old son who is physically strong sometimes cannot get them open. I am in South Africa not sure where our Pepsi is bottled

I finally had to use pliers to open my 20oz Diet Pepsi today. I have red hands and grooves dug into my skin from trying to open with my hand.

Even the pliers required two turns. I opened a 20oz Diet Dr.

Pepper an hour before and it came right off. What is it with this?

I buy Coke for this exact reason. Bottles much easier to open. There, take that pepsi!