Diet pepsi can in iraq

Why do I see a can that has 9/11 very disrespectful content.2 towers and an airplane and on of towers has a star snowflake on the tower where a plane struck.

One of the towers is shorter than the othere one like it is falling. I have been a pepsi lover since birth but what the heck is this? When i was little I was taking my dad's pepsi since i could crawl. This is hurting many of my friends and family.

Some people I know never want to buy pepsi products again.

not a very happy customer.WHY?

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 12 Yes 12 7 No 7
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
not stupid

May 14, 2012 #479877

Reflection in the water should be a giveaway that its not WTC. If you'd ever been there you'd know there's no water near WTC. Closest is at least a HALF MILE AWAY.

2 1 Reply

Dec 19, 2011 #394114

This picture makes me absolutely sick to my stomach who ever designed this can knew EXACTLY what they were doing and trying to say and laughing at Americans the entire time

1 3 Reply

Dec 19, 2011 #394089

HI All - I work for PepsiCo in Chicago, IL USA. Here is the real story... We understand from some of our consumers that a Diet Pepsi can designed and sold in the Middle East portraying the growth of active regional cities has been misinterpreted. We are sorry that some people found this design insensitive, which was never our intention as the graphics on this can were inspired by the Dubai skyline. As soon as this matter was brought to our attention in October, we immediately stopped production of the can and took action to change the design. The new can, which features an abstract design, is already in the Middle East market. All old designs will be replaced over the next few weeks.

Dec 19, 2011 #393984

Dec 19, 2011 #393607

Maybe someone in the manufactoring process in Dubai had the idea of a "Two finger salute" to the Western Occupation of Eraq .... If you stop to think about it ..... Very cleverly done! .... Pepsi is an Iconic American Trademark .... A drink almost exclusively drunk by the American troops ...What better way to say "UP YOUR'S AMERICA" .... How long have they been able to get away with it? ..... I bet they have been "Laughing up their Sleeves" at us for ages !

May 20, 2015 #986578

Sorry logic, but your logic is incorrect, coke is the prefered drink of us American"troops".

Dec 18, 2011 #393385

Sorry Danny...didn't see your comment until I entered mine.

0 1 Reply

Dec 18, 2011 #393383

Ever think it might be the skyline of Dubai?

2 1 Reply

Dec 18, 2011 #393375

Anyone that thinks this can depicts the 9/11 attack is completely ***. It's the Dubai skyline, with a plane flying over it.

Hey, guess what? Many cities all over the world have towers of equal height (not unlike the ones depicted on the can, that also happen to look nothing like the wtc). And you know what else? Airplanes fly over them. Deal with it. If this can offends you, you have the ignorance and sensitivity of a child.

3 1 Reply

Dec 18, 2011 #393370

give it a rest. its not NY. the plane is ABOVE the buildings.

Dec 18, 2011 #393356

Yes it's real. A friend of a friend just got back from Iraq and he saw one firsthand

1 2 Reply

Dec 18, 2011 #393349

I am a pepsi drinker... well I was!!! That made me sick

Pissed in NYC

Dec 18, 2011 #393342

Is this can real? I heard that it is sold in Iraq. If this is true, it's done in poor taste and I hope someone sues pepsi BIGTIME.

ken Churchill

Dec 18, 2011 #393317

I guess this is a reflection of the lack of respect you have for human life.

Dec 18, 2011 #393312

Why??? That is all that can come to mind... why??? Is this really real??

Dec 18, 2011 #393289

pepsi shpild be ashamed of this i will never buy pepsi agin

Dec 18, 2011 #393266

You have an active imagination.

1 2 Reply
cory thrash

Dec 18, 2011 #393265

I believe it is NYC...there is even a reflection of the towers like in water. Joke or not...not cool

1 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pepsi. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pepsi.
Filing a new complaint about