Pepsi - Foul Taste

Update added by user Feb 21, 2015

This is the second "batch" of Pepsi that has an abnormal taste / aftertaste.The first five 12 packs has the identifier 0144HS02075, use by date 11 09 2015.

the current batch of 5 12 packs has the identifier 0133hs02075, same use by date. The previous "good" product has the ID 0913hs01215, dated Oct 26 2015.

I was able to return the first 5 for an exchange of "good" product (10 26 2015). Has the formula changed in any way? The product has such a foul taste that if I am unable to find good tasting batches, I will switch to another brand.

I have consumed pepsi and Pepsi only since I was able to make my own purchases - about 40 years ago and i prefer not to switch.I usually buy about 7 12 packs a week.

Update added by user Feb 16, 2015

Use by date on all 5 12 packs - 11 09 2015.Lot number (same on all five) 11(very large #'s) 0144HS02075.

Returned all 5 12 packs to Walmart for exchange.

Customer service person's name isn't on the receipt but managers name is Christy Clark (kudos to CSR).Time of exchange was 14:05

Original review posted by user Feb 16, 2015

Purchased five twelve packs yesterday (at Wal Mart on high way seventy one in Greenwood Ar). Product has a foul aftertaste almost like artificial sweetener. i contacted the Pepsi Cola bottling plant in Fort Smith Arkansas to check if the "formula" had changed recently. The pleasant sounding lady at the switch board indicated that, no, the formula had not changed and she suggested that I return the product to Wal mart for a refund.

I drink quite a bit every day so I know what it's supposed to taste like.

I am returning all five twelve packs for a refund.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

No items

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Product or service
12 Pack 12 Ounce Cans
Review category
Food Manufacturers
review #596003 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Pepsi? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 2 No 2
Had the same issue 4 Yes 4
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Feb 28, 2015 #952333

I too have noticed a change in the regular Pepsi aftertaste. It almost tastes like they are using the same ingredients as they do with the real sugar formula. It's a bit sweeter and the aftertaste is pretty bad!
I've drank Pepsi regularly for over 25 years and my family even has stocks of Pepsi Co. If this continues we'll stop buying Pepsi products and sell our stocks.

0 1 Reply

Feb 17, 2015 #946959

Pepsi lies. Switch to something with consistent flavor. Then to water before the sugars get you.

0 1 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Pepsi. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Pepsi.
Filing a new complaint about